Thursday, January 8, 2015

Put Your Hands Together!

Two things I love: 

On the one hand there is:

 David Goldblatt's stories of the cultural and spectacle that comprises and surrounds soccer. 

     


On the other hand there is: 

The blog "Football is a Country" which looks at Africa, race, and soccer. 



Well put your hands together: 

"Football is a Country" reviews Goldblatt's book Futebol Nation: The Story of Brazil through Soccer



Football is a Country is part of a larger project called Africa is a Country. Great stuff. 



David Goldblatt has also just published The Game of Our Lives, a history and cultural account of English soccer. 

Goldblatt is also a frequent commentator on Dummy, the podcast put out by Howler Magazine.  I don't know how writers write so much. 




By the way, I have just gotten word that I have published a piece on soccer and creative fandom. I will say more when that get closer to public release. 


No comments:

Post a Comment